I will be the first to admit that I don’t know diddly squat about Legos. I know that many young boys love playing with them, but I had no idea that grown men, women, and even little girls enjoy them too. So when I found myself at a yard sale filled with Legos, I took a chance at buying what looked cool — and of course what was unopened.

I still haven’t tackled everything that I purchased, but the sale from that one Lego minifigure paid for my entire purchase of approximately 40 minifigures, complete sets, and other Lego memorabilia.

Unfortunately, I could not identify 90% of the minifigures that I purchased, but there was one that I knew quite well thanks to my love of Pirates of the Caribbean. Imagine my surprise when I researched him on Terapeak and saw what he sold for. Who knew that the individual characters were worth so much?!? I certainly didn’t.

I decided that using the auction format would be the best way to list this item. I didn’t know what to expect, but I did make sure to start the auction at $29.99 to ensure that I would be happy if I only got one bid. Thankfully, I got more than that!

Over the next few weeks I will continue to list the remaining minifigures and sets that I purchased. There are a lot of goodies in that lot, and with the help of Terapeak and the official Lego website, I hope to identify the rest of them and get them listed ASAP.

If you’re reading this and know of any other good resources to help identify individual minifigures, please let me know in the comments section below.

11 Thoughts on “#What Sells Well Wednesday: Lego Minifigures…

1. grace on June 11, 2014 at 9:10 am said:

Lorraine at We are Clamco blog shared this website today for minifigs. I haven’t personally looked around but i have heard of the website before http://brickset.com/minifigs Legos are a great find and even “loose” bricks sell for 5-7 dollars a pound.

• Yolanda on June 11, 2014 at 10:10 am said:

Grace,

Thanks for sharing that link! I registered at another similar forum to ask questions, but it was so buggy and I kept hitting error pages so I gave up and started researching based on the individual characteristics of each minifigure. That actually helped me a lot, but looking at the link you shared, it seems as though there is an image attached to every minifigure which will help immensely!

Thank you! 🙂

2. Vanessa on June 17, 2014 at 6:35 am said:

Awesome sale! And thanks for posting about this. I’ll be sure to check for Lego figures in future.

3. Every time I purchase Legos at a garage sale, 2 of my 3 boys squirrel them away. Hoping they outgrow them soon! LOL
    Margaret recently posted…Ebay Selling – Owls & The Real McCoy – Selling Imperfect ItemsMy Profile

• Yolanda on July 6, 2014 at 4:47 pm said:

Margaret,

Although my daughter isn’t old enough to know what Legos are, I do have to keep her away from them if I’m doing any photography within her reach. She’s in the experimental phase and would most likely try to eat the Legos or smash them against something. LOL

4. Great find. I found a bunch last weekend at the swap meet but were asking to much. Maybe ill look them up and then go back, may still be worth it. I always pic up legos where I can
    Jeff recently posted…Grazia Silicone Mini Muffin Pan: A ReviewMy Profile

• Yolanda on July 6, 2014 at 4:52 pm said:

Jeff,

I’ve been using Terapeak to help me create a list of the most profitable ones so that I can be on the lookout for them in the future. I’m literally sitting on a few others that will do as well as this one did, but I simply need to snap out of my rut and get them listed.

5. Hi Yolanda,

You have a great site and it’s inspiring to know you’re able to make money online in such a short period of time. I’ve actually been looking into FBA for quite some time now and for me, it’s one of those income streams I hesitate starting, but don’t know why. I guess my big concern is how to report taxes with this income model? How do you report yours? Do you hire a CPA or do it yourself? I know this is case by case, but just trying to get ideas. Thanks and keep it up. You’ll pay-off those student loans in no time! =)

Keep inspiring,
    Warren
    Warren recently posted…Passive Income Report for April and May 2014My Profile

• Yolanda on July 6, 2014 at 11:10 pm said:

Warren,

Thanks for dropping by! I sought advice from the CPA that does our family’s taxes. I will treat it like any other business and pay taxes to my state and the federal government. I can’t comment on paying taxes to several other states, nor can I comment or offer any advice on the “nexus” issue. Like you said, it truly is a case by case issue, and it’s best to contact Amazon directly for clarification and/or a CPA.

In the meantime, I don’t think that should stop you from selling via Amazon FBA.

6. Pingback: Weekly Reselling Re-cap: July 27th – Aug 2nd | Extra Student Loan Money